Established in 1983 and represents the welded carbon steel tube and pipe manufacturers in South Africa.
The members account for 70% of the installed capacity for conveyance, mechanical and structural tubular products which are supplied to international specifications.
The objectives of the Association are:
- Promote the use of welded carbon steel tube and pipe.
- Represent common interests to Government, Quasi Government and other organisations
- Promote import replacement, where feasible
- Promote the export of welded carbon steel tube and pipe
- Co-operation without collusion between the members